A dear friend of mine asked me to decorate her home. It was already a beautiful, country manor style house but she wanted their home to feel more warm, inviting, family friendly and easy to maintain especially for her toddler and baby.
The Pretty Up! Process
- Took brief and developed concept and mood board based on requirements
- Decorated 4 rooms: the entrance, dining, living and day bed/study room.
- Worked with existing fittings as requested and created a colour scheme that was more contemporary
- Made sentimental handcrafted items more of a feature so as to become a conversation starter
- Purchased furniture (buffet & hutch, entertainment unit, hallway table and shoe cabinet) that kept true to the country style and complemented existing fittings
- Changed the layout of their sofa to open up the space and make it more accessible
- Purchased a personalised handcrafted growth chart that resembled a life size ruler
See the BEFORE and AFTER images below. It was a joy to see Trully and her family especially little Josiah enjoy their freshly decorated home.
Daisy did a wonderful job in transforming our house into a beautiful ‘Forever’ home. We have found her work and ideas to be creative and practical. We also appreciated her ability to work within a budget and work-in high quality pieces with economically sourced items (including items we’ve already owned). She was fun and marvellous to work with, from the way she strives to understand our style needs and preferences, following that up with sourcing great pieces and ensuring that the implementation is done with care & attention. We would not hesitate to recommend Daisy as a reliable and talented stylist.
-Trully & Lee Smith
Entrance Room – BEFORE
Entrance Room – AFTER
Dining Room – BEFORE
Dining Room – AFTER
Day bed/ Study Room – BEFORE
Day Bed/ Study Room – AFTER
Day bed/ Study Room – AFTER
Living Room BEFORE
Living Room AFTER