For the last few months, I’ve had the pleasure to work and style beautiful bouquets from Flowers for Everyone. Their blooms are beautiful, good quality and have made my styled shots easy to shine. Check out what they had to say about our work together under Pretty Up! Products in my Portfolio.
I’ve used their flowers for events I’ve styled for and here are a couple of tips I’ve learnt from working with flowers.
WORKING WITH FLOWERS
- When working with roses, consider size (local v imported) and whether they have thorns. Removing thorns from roses can be a time consuming preparation task.
- When thinking about an arrangement, pick a primary or hero flower, secondary and complimentary flowers, fillers and greenery. Ensure that all the colours and style mesh together well.
- Water your bloom beauties regularly and change the water every day or so to lengthen the life of your flowers.
- Sending flowers in a vase is an impressive and thoughtful gift. The recipient needs not worry about where and what vase to place the flowers in.
- Consider what flowers are in season, what they are traditionally associated with i.e. flowers used for funerals, fragrance and what are your recipient’s favourite flower.
The next time you need a spectacular bouquet or flowers for a special event, check out Flowers for Everyone.
In fact, you can currently win a $100 gift voucher by entering our Thoughtful Thursday Giveaway. Check out our Pretty Up! Instagram and enter before 10pm Sunday, 13 November. Its so easy and a sweet prize. Enter away and enjoy beautiful blooms like these ones below.