Yesterday was the very first Sydney Kids Market held at Addison Road Community Centre in Marrickville. The weather was great, the atmosphere was buzzing and the food stalls were just as impressive as the stalls indoors. The calibre of kids stalls and products made me want to find a kid to buy for!
What was unique about this market was that it was solely based on small businesses that are on Instagram. As a fellow Instagrammer it was lovely to see many quality, handcrafted pieces made with love and passion. Much respect to all the lovely Mumtrepeneurs and creative I met like:
- Jillian from Billy & Scarlet – she’s a talented Graphic Designer who uses water colour to create prints. I often like to meet the artist of any art I buy and Jillian was just as lovely as her work.
- Amy from Seventhtree Soaps has a sweet scented range of soaps, lip balms and more. Her Owl soap was a cute stand out.
- Julie from Oscar & Wolf – loved the variety of her stall. It covered home décor like wall decals and blankets, fashion and personalised cushions for your little one. I thought her offering was a great mix of contemporary and cute!
- Megan from Murphy and Me had me in a pastel paradise of fabric earrings, hair ties and cool clay bead necklaces.
- Anna from Kumu Kids – her range included cool high tops but her T-shirt range namely her popular MIlk Addict, Lil Hipster and Greatness Within shirts were a must have for any milk loving cutie.
All the above Instagram online stores are worth checking out even if you don’t have a bub yet. I picked up something for myself at all stores! Thanks ladies.
Here’s more happy snaps of the other great stalls:
The first Sydney Kids Market was a success and many stall holders expressed with excitement and satisfaction. Credit to the organisers, Anna and Mariah who dreamed up this market and have a genuine passion to support small businesses and see them thrive. They are an asset to the Instagram and small business community.
To learn more about Sydney Kids Market or to apply for the next event, click here.